September 5, 2012
Plum Creek Chicken White Bean Chili
This was delicious at our June 2012 Scape picking party!
Recipe by Cyd Reuter
- 2 roasted poblano peppers, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium onions
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 scapes , chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 chipotle chilies diced
- 1 roasted chicken pulled
- 15 tomatillos paper-like skins removed – then washed
- 1 quart chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans rinsed, drained
- Roast the poblano peppers under the broiler turning often, until the skin blisters. Place them in a bowl covered with plastic wrap to cool- when cool; peel, seed and chop the poblano peppers.
- Chop the onions and red and yellow peppers. Heat the oil in a large pan- Add onions, yellow bell pepper, poblano peppers, scapes, chili powder.
- Saute this mixture until the onions are tender.
- Wash and stem the tomatillos then run them through the food processor until you have attained a puree with some chunks
- Add the tomatillos, the broth, and the hand pulled chicken to the onion and pepper mixture. Season to taste, with salt and pepper. Simmer for 1 hour
- Add the beans and cilantro
- Cook a final 5 minutes to heat thoroughly and serve with a garnish of Mexican white cheese, cilantro, and sour cream