Cyd’s Garlic Hummus
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2- 15 oz can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)- 1 can drained- reserve the liquid from the other can
- Juice from ½ fresh lemon (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini (this can be left out for a milder flavor)
- 2 cloves Armenian garlic, crushed (if you LOVE garlic, add another clove)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- Drizzle of olive oil
Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from 1 can. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Add liquid back in. Blend on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
Place in serving bowl, and create a shallow well in the center of the hummus.
Add a small amount (1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil in the well. Garnish with parsley/paprika or pitted kalmata olives (optional).
Serve immediately with fresh, warm or toasted pita bread, or cover and refrigerate.
Blend in ½ cup roasted red peppers for a nice color and flavor addition
Hummus can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and can be kept in the freezer for up to one month. Add a little olive oil if it appears to be too dry.