Cheesy Chorizo Grits — you won’t find better comfort food
Cheesy Chorizo Grits- serves 4:
1 cup grits- you can use regular or quick grits– I prefer regular- follow cooking directions
4 oz of chorizo sausage (out of its casing)
2/3 cup diced red pepper
1 cup diced onion
2 Tbs of the scape/cilantro mix (see other Plum Creek Garlic post)
1 cup SHARP cheddar (save a little to sprinkle on top)
3 Tbs butter
• Prepare grits according to the directions and set aside
• Cook the chorizo- set aside (as if you were making hamburger for spaghetti)
• Saute the vegetables (add salt and pepper to taste)- then add in the Scape mixture
• Combine the chorizo/grits and veggies/cheese and butter- mix until all ingredients are combined
• Place in a greased baking dish and bake at 350 covered for 20 to 30 minutes (until bubbling) (take the cover off for the last 5 minutes—sprinkle on some cheddar cheese).
• This can be prepared the evening before—just increase the baking time
Cyd made this for our June 2015 Scape party. People could not stop raving about it.